Welcome to the Virginia Conference United Methodist Men!
God loves you! Our conference men's ministry is the largest and has the most charters in the country. It's great to be a Methodist Man, especially in Virginia!
Our Vision Statement:
Men Building God's Kingdom led by the Holy Spirit in Christian Fellowship
Service: James 1:22, “But be ye doers of the word and not hearers only…” KJV
Excitement: 2 Tim 1:6-7; “ This being so, I want to remind you to stir into flame the strength and boldness that is in you, that entered into you when I laid my hands upon your head and blessed you. 7 For the Holy Spirit, God’s gift, does not want you to be afraid of people, but to be wise and strong, and to love them and enjoy being with them.” TLB
Teamwork: Mark 3:13-19, “ Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him. 14 He appointed twelve[a] that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach 15 and to have authority to drive out demons. 16 These are the twelve he appointed: Simon (to whom he gave the name Peter), 17 James son of Zebedee and his brother John (to them he gave the name Boanerges, which means “sons of thunder”), 18 Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus, Simon the Zealot 19 and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.” NIV
Need Prayer? Click here:
General Conference UMM Web Site
Our 2017-2020 Goals with time frames and responsible parties:
- In support of our District Superintendents, re-establish District Level UMM organizations in six Districts and strengthen them in the other ten using partnerships and by nurturing our “mustard seeds” (strong, faith-filled fellowships and clusters) (2 years; President, VP for Membership) Prepare and equip (train) men for service:
- Continually and remotely train new fellowship and District level officers using GCUMM and Lay Servant Academy electronic resources (2 years; VP for Membership).
- Mentoring our replacements and building our team by going out two by two to ensure our leadership is prepared and not overworked (1 year; all).
- Encourage and model Men’s Bible studies and daily prayer at all fellowships-We will be Spirit fed and led! (3 years; primarily fellowships through District Presidents).
- Regularly conduct events that are project rather than program oriented to attract Late Boomers, Gen Xers and Millennials (at least 33% within 2 years; primarily fellowships through District Presidents).
- Mentor and be mentored by all generations, integrating all men into servant leadership and fellowship in God’s Kingdom (increase proportion of men under 50 in leadership to 25% (4 years; all)
- Increase enrollment in Wesleyan Building Brothers leadership training and Men’s Ministry training by 25% (4 years; Wesleyan Building Brothers Team)
- Use “elbow activities” to reach new men and their families:
- Establish fifteen new scout troops conference-wide (1 year; Scouting Advocate)
- Introduce ourselves to one new person every week while being prepared to share our witness (1 year; all).
- Connect with other Conference agencies and boards to leverage and multiply our ministries and build lasting, productive relationships:
- Preventing Domestic Violence initiative jointly w/ UMW (2 years; President w/ 2 District Presidents)
- Increase Chartering and Every Man Shares membership by ten percent (2 years; VP for Membership and District Presidents)
- Revitalize service to Heart Havens, Prison/Jail Ministry, Hunger Relief, Camp Rainbow, Wesleyan Building Brothers, All God’s Children, Scouting, Prayer Advocacy, etc., increasing UMM participation by 20% (4 years; Ministry advocates)
- Holy Spirit led Christian Fellowship:
- Revitalize our annual spiritual weekend and our annual leadership meeting focusing on attracting new men (20% increase over 2 years; President, VP for Membership, VP for Spiritual Life).
- Assign sixteen men to be prayer advocates for their Districts (2 years; Prayer Advocate).
Dali's Last Supper
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:17 (NIV)